Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to All!

Sorry for the late update. Tom did go for radiation this morning, but wouldn’t you know it, 5 minutes into the treatment, the machine broke down and they had to stop for the day. The 3:30pm surgery on his left leg didn’t get started until after 4:30pm. He didn’t get out until after 7:30. Word is it was a success! Bonnie called me tonight to say there were lots of doctors present, even the manufacturer of the machine was there (as it was the first time at this hospital). They really believe lots of progress was made. Tom is getting another does of the “draino” tonight and tomorrow they are going in to vacuum out the veins. The right leg was not done, but the doctors think it might take care of itself.

Bonnie is seeing the doctor tomorrow as she has really not been feeling well. She definitely has quite the cough. She thinks her fever broke last night. I apologized for possibly getting her sick before we knew we were getting it. Oddly enough she thinks she caught it at the hospital. Before she got home tonight a little leprechaun snuck into her house and left a plate of corn beef and cabbage. She called to say her Irish Eyes were smiling. I’m hoping she can get some well deserved rest tonight. I know she’ll be back by Tom’s side tomorrow no matter what.

When I hear from Bonnie tomorrow I will let you know how they are both doing.

Take care,
Kris

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog name!! Anything with the word martini in it is our friend!! Glad to hear the roto rooter routine was a success, but breaking the radiation machine seems to be a bit drastic! I'm sure you found great humor in that. Have a great day and I'll check in on you two later. All our love, thoughts, and prayers are with you!! Linda and Marty

    ReplyDelete