Wednesday, March 11, 2009
March 11, 2009
I just got off the phone with Bonnie and it’s been another so-so day. It seems like every time they take the slightest step forward there’s another set back. They did not do the surgery on the right leg today because even though Tom is on the strongest blood thinners known to man kind his left leg is not responding to the treatment. Last night they put in a vibrating tube to try to dislodge the clots. It didn’t work. Today they put in a perforated tube that will allow the medicine to “leak out” throughout the vein. The blood clots just won’t give up! The doctor can see the major blood clot on the scan and doesn’t quite understand why it’s not responding to the treatment. Tomorrow they are going to try vacuuming out the vein/artery. If that goes well they might attempt the right leg. Tom must lay flat on his back and he is very uncomfortable. His 7-10am procedure didn’t happen until 1:30 and they just worked on the left leg more. He ended up also missing his radiation treatment today as there was no time left. They also moved him out of his private room after yesterday’s procedure into the Post Intervential Care Unit. He no longer has any cell phone or internet privileges. In fact, I don’t think he can do much of anything. I wish I had better news to pass along. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Kris I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.Mother Teresa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment