Thursday, April 2, 2009

From Debbie Casey

My brother-in-law truly was one of a kind.

Tom made everyone feel good and always had a smile or mischievous grin on that handsome face. He always greeted me with a hug, a kiss on the cheek and a "hi sweetie".

I never tired of hearing stories of his travels, from sleeping in a yurt in China to dining on the most luxurious cruiseship. Even though he was so busy on those trips, he was thoughtful enough to bring chocolates and other treats home to my Mom. It's astounding to think of how many lives he touched around the world and how many friends he made.

Of course you can't think of Tom without thinking of food...shrimp de jonghe, chicken wings, turkey soup, ham with his secret glaze. He loved shopping and cooking with Bonnie, and then sharing what they created.

Something else I know for sure about Tom is that he adored my sister. They were so obviously in love and in tune with each other. They had a wonderful, joy-filled life together-- I just wish it had lasted another 20 years. Bonnie and Tom were a team to the end.

Tom, I'll always remember the twinkle in your eyes, your generous spirit, positive attitude and love of life. You will be missed.

Love, Debbie (Zebra)

No comments:

Post a Comment