Thursday, April 2, 2009

From Betty Rehberg

The following are three verses that Tom's mother-in-law, Betty, wanted to share:

Matthew 11:28-29
Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.

Psalm 69:15-16
May the flood of water not overflow me
Nor the deep swallow me up
Nor the pit shut its mouth on me

Answer me oh Lord, for Your lovingkindness is good;
According to the greatness of Your compassion, turn to me

John 14:1-7
"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.
In My Father's house, there are many dwelling places; if it were not so,
I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself,
that where I am, there you may be also.
And You know the way where I am going."
Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?"
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life;
no one comes to the Father but through Me.
If you had known me, you would have known My Father also;
From now on you have known Him, and have seen Him."


Love to you, Tom,
Betty

1 comment:

  1. John 14:1-7 is a favorite bible verse of ours to turn to at a time of loss! It brings great comfort at this time.

    ReplyDelete